SUNSHINE BLOGGER AWARD
Tagged by the amazing Dezzy @ The Thoughtful Voice 🙂 Thank you so much for the nomination!!! Check out their blog!
- Thank the blogger who nominated you in a blog post and link back to their blog.
- Answer the 11 questions the blogger asked you.
- Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions.
- List the rules and display the sunshine blogger award logo in your post/or on your blog.
1. What’s your favorite type of blog post to write, and why?
Recommendations posts! They’re pretty easy and also can be themed and I appreciate having a theme to work with. I’m also a person who just loves list-making.
2. Do you usually reread books? Why or why not?
No but it’s mainly because I have this urgency to always read books I haven’t read yet. Otherwise the only time I have ever re-read a book was for The Diviners series where I re-read The Diviners before Lair of Dreams was released since there was a HUGE gap between release dates. But most series I don’t normally have to re-read because somehow I can contain all basic information for the series or just remember the info as I’m reading.
3. What’s a book that made you an emotional wreck and/or broke your heart?
Listen…I’m already a huge emotional mess of a person and books that are purposefully heartbreaking and tragic are bound to make me feel so many things. The last book that made me go “this hurts so much” was Sadie by Courtney Summers.
4. What’s a book that brought you the utmost joy (you couldn’t stop smiling after reading it)?
The Unexpected Everything by Morgan Matson was so cheesy and I think I read it at a time where I needed a feel-good summer-y YA rom-com.
5. Standalone books or book series?
Standalones. Series are definitely fun but I think standalones are less stress for me.
6. If you could unread a book, what would it be and why?
Eleanor & Park is always one that comes to mind when I think of a book I wish I had never picked up. It was not worth the discomfort I got from the racism and other B.S. that happens in this book.
7. How has your blogging style and writing voice changed since you first started blogging?
Maybe??? I mean I would hope so. I don’t know how to gauge my blogging style and writing voice to be honest. I feel like I’m just winging it.
8. How have your reading tastes changed ever since you started blogging?
I think just a little bit. Right now I’m confident in my reading tastes so much that I can explore new reads and be certain that I’ll enjoy most of them. I think blogging has helped me discover new books to help form my new reading tastes.
9. How did you discover your favorite author and/or favorite books?
BLOGGERS. So many awesome bloggers out there who have amazing taste (who of course will be tagged). Goodreads. Book Twitter!!! Especially Book Twitter.
10. What’s your favorite movie adaptation?
The Silence of the Lambs. I love thrillers and this film is art and has incredible acting and UGH. So good. I still haven’t read the book yet…I actually got it recently and I hope to read it soon.
11. List three favorite books and one song you associate with each of them!
Piecing Me Together by Renee Watson // Everything Is Everything by Lauryn Hill
Blood Water Paint by Joy McCullough // Shake It Out by Florence + The Machine
On a Sunbeam by Tillie Walden // Soft Sounds from Another Planet by Japanese Breakfast
I tend to actually associate songs with books based on their covers which are not always accurate but I end up getting that song in my head the entire time reading the book
Now it’s time to nominate some bloggers 🙂 No pressure to do this if you don’t want to or if you’ve already done this!
Here are the 11 questions
1. What inspired you to start your blog?
2. What is your perfect reading environment?
3. How do you imagine your dream library to look like?
4. How do you decide your next read?
5. Without giving away the title or the author, how would you describe your current read?
6. Which bookish family would you want to join?
7. An ability or power from a book that you want?
8. What types of characters do you prefer to read the most?
9. A genre you want to live in?
10. Think of two of your least favorite characters and pick the ONE that you would save from a burning building?
11. Are you ready for 2019???