I wasn’t tagged for this but I saw Ace of Bens do this and I thought it’d be a fun tag to do on Christmas Eve!
This tag was created by Jenniely.
- Tag and link the person who tagged you
- Tag and link the creator: Jenniely
- Tick/cross off the ones you’ve done
- Tag another 10 people!
- Received an ARC and not reviewed it
1) Received an ARC and not reviewed it ✓
Yep…But mainly with books I get from Goodreads giveaways. I always prioritize reviewing ones I get from NetGalley.
2) Have less than 60% feedback rating on Netgalley ✓
Right now I’m at 43% 😬 I know that’s bad but I just received a bunch of eARCs recently and I do plan on reviewing them all so hopefully I’ll be at the desired 80% soon!
3) Rated a book on Goodreads and promised a full review was to come on your blog (and never did) ✓
I do this quite frequently.
4) Folded down the page of a book ✓
Accidentally of course!
5) Accidentally spilled on a book ✓
Since I tend to drink coffee while reading I have spilled little drops of coffee on books but not all over the book. Also it’s fortunately occurred with used books.
6) DNF a book this year ✓
Only one this year but I try not to DNF which is something I plan on changing next year because I’d rather read a book I’m going to enjoy fully instead of reading a book I don’t care for.
7) Bought a book purely because it was pretty with no intention of reading it
I DO buy pretty covers but I also do make sure it’s a book I’d still enjoy and would actually read.
8) Read whilst you were meant to be doing something else (like homework) ✓
For sure. There’s definitely a link between book readers and procrastinators.
9) Skim read a book ✓
When it comes to a book where a lot sh*t is going down and I want to hurry and find out what happens.
10) Completely missed your Goodreads goal ✓
The first two years since I joined Goodreads I didn’t meet my goal. But this year I finally completed it!
11) Borrowed a book and not returned it to the library ✓
I do this a lot. But it helps that I work for my library and I can extend the due date lol. The perks of working at a library y’all. 😉
12) Broke a book buying ban ✓
Between Kindle deals, Book Outlet, and whenever other bookstores have sales I can’t seem to resist.
13) Started a review, left it for ages then forgot what the book was about ✓
I’m so bad with this especially here and on Goodreads.
14) Wrote in a book you were reading
Nope but I actually want to start doing this with some of my books. I like the idea of annotating and writing in books. I’ve seen people do some awesome doodles in theirs.
15) Finished a book and not added it to your Goodreads ✓
I don’t why I do this a lot too. But I sometimes read a book and then forget about adding it to Goodreads.
16) Borrowed a book and not returned it to a friend ✓
Just ONE. I still have it and I can still give it back to her. Maybe I should do that soon??
17) Dodged someone asking if they can borrow a book
Nah. I don’t ever get people asking if they can borrow a book.
18) Broke the spine of someone else’s book
NO. I would never damage someone else’s book. I would feel so bad if I did.
19) Took the jacket off a book to protect it and ended up making it more damaged ✓
Yep. I always think I’ll smudge the jacket so I take them off but a couple of times I’ve sat on them or accidentally flung them across the room.
20) Sat on a book accidentally ✓
How did I do?
Nice: 4 Naughty: 16
YIKES. I’m the worst. Please feel free to call me out in the comment section!