It’s finally the haunting season, It’s October and here in the US that means everyone is prepping for Halloween!
Halloween is one of my favorite times of year and what better way to celebrate this spooky season with some spooky books?
This isn’t going to be a huge TBR. These are some of my high priority horror reads I want to get to this month (despite already having quite a few arcs and other books I want to read alongside this). I just like to make things harder on myself. 🙂
LET’S GET SPOOOOOKY
THE WHISPER MAN BY ALEX NORTH
- serial killer in small
- multi generational story
- sounds creepy af
THE GIRL FROM THE WELL BY RIN CHUPECO – DRAGONS & TEA BOOK CLUB PICK!
- YA Horror novel pitched as “Dexter” meets “The Grudge”, based on a well-loved Japanese ghost story.
SERPENT & DOVE BY SHELBY MAHURIN
- HYPE AF
- enemies to lovers trope!!!
- witchy vibes
- witches vs the church
THE BONE CHARMER BY BREEANA SHIELDS
- Bone magic
- that’s really all i know but the cover looks gorgeous
OTHER WORDS FOR SMOKE BY SARAH MARIA GRIFFIN
- this has been compared to The Diviners so i’m interested just for that
- haunted house
BEFORE THE DEVIL BREAKS YOU BY LIBBA BRAY
- I KNOW I Need to read this
- the third installment of an amazing supernatural, historical, murder mystery series set in 1920s new york
TRULY DEVIOUS BY MAUREEN JOHNSON
- reading this mostly for the anxiety rep from the MC
- a murder mystery set in an academy in Vermont?
WILDER GIRLS BY RORY POWER
- another HYPED AF book
- i’ve heard there’s body horror and I like some good body horror
- some F/F stuff in here
HER BODY AND OTHER PARTIES BY CARMEN MARIA MACHADO
- horror anthology by a queer latinx author
- THE TITLE IS SO GOOD
A TREASON OF THORNS BY LAURA E. WEYMOUTH
- a sentient magical house
- some mystery vibes
That’s my TBR, let’s see if I can at least read 1 book from here. What does your TBR look like for October?
Thanks for reading!! 😀