Hey y’all I hope everyone is having a good morning/day/afternoon/evening/night! I’m so appreciative and excited to be doing the Liebster Award once more.
I was nominated by Yna @ Yna the Mood Reader and I appreciate it very much 🙂 Please check out Yna’s amazing and stunning blog.
The Liebster Award is the best way to discover new blogs and help to support other bloggers by recognizing them.
1) Thank the blogger who nominated you.
2) Answer the questions from the person who nominated you.
3) Nominate 5-11 bloggers who have less than 200 followers.
4) Tell your nominees through social media.
5) Ask 11 new questions for your nominees.
What made you start writing about books?
I can’t quite remember but I’ve always been interested in writing in general and also talking about books but I know I would never have the charisma or courage to be a BookTuber so I found out more about the book blogging community and decided to join in.
What is your favorite ice cream flavor?
I really like Ben & Jerry’s Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough. I highly recommend because its like basically eating cookie dough but without the risk of salmonella.
What is your Hogwarts House?
So I just recently found out that I’m a Hufflepuff which sort of disappoints me because I feel like I’m more Ravenclaw but the sorting hat doesn’t lie. But I’ve decided to embrace the Hufflepuff life. Shout out to all my fellow Hufflepuffs.
Who are your top 3 favorite authors?
I’m fixing to make my answer more compliciated than it needs to be but I haven’t really found an author yet that I’d consider to be a favorite since most of the ones I do like I have maybe only read 1 book by them or just one series but I’m going to mention 3 authors I thoroughly enjoy and are ones that I want to read more of.
- Renée Watson – I absolutely adore Piecing Me Together and she has written many other YA/MG books that I’m interested in. But I loved her writing in Piecing Me Together because while its not a lush writing style its so simply well thought out.
- Libba Bray – The Diviners series was what really got me back into reading so I have to mention Libba Bray. Libba’s thorough research into the 1920s is rich, her writing is atmospheric, and she has created such a diverse, complex cast of characters.
- Courtney Summers – I’ve only read Sadie which I know she has many other great stuff but Sadie really hooked me. The way Courtney Summers writes about difficult and hard topics is powerful. Sadie gives off such visceral and raw emotions and I really want to see more books like this.
What are the top 5 most used apps on your phone?
- Animal Crossing Pocket Camp
What is the best thing about the city you were born in?
Nothing. LMAO I mean I live in a small Southern U.S. town there’s not really much to do and the people are pretty much awful (you know racist, homophobic, and any other prejudices) But I love the scenery of my town. Its gorgeous and I love driving around town. Also my library because its where I work!
What is one book that you wish you can experience reading again for the first time?
Sadie by Courtney Summers. Just an amazing read from start to finish that and every twist and turn is both marvelous and heart wrenching.
What is one fictional universe you would want to spend your life in?
This will be cliche as hell but The Wizarding World of Harry Potter of course. Especially now since the whole wizarding war is over and its just chill magic shit.
What is a decision that you regret doing?
As someone with generalized anxiety disorder I regret a majority of things on a daily basis. That’s just my life. But I think I really regret not getting my license as soon as I turned 16. But it’s also something I can still remedy. Shout out to my fellow bloggers who are over 16 and can’t drive. I’m 23 and I still don’t even have a learner’s permit.
If you could have a never-ending candle that smelled like anything you wanted, what fragrance would you want it to be?
Sparkling amber. Ever since I bought this one candle from Bed Bath and Body Works that was called Istanbul, the scent was Sparkling Amber so I’ve always loved that scent.
What are you looking forward to in the coming months?
Quite a few things. 1) Hopefully cooler weather but I live in FL and its still hot in the fall/winter usually. 2) Family coming down for Thanksgiving 3) The possibility of going back to college in the winter.
I nominate the following. Please check them all out!
HERE ARE MY QUESTIONS
- Who was your favorite first author?
- If you had to name your children (or pet if you don’t want children) after characters in a book or series, which book/series and what names would you chose?
- What is the most random book purchase you made?
- What’s your phone background?
- What is a standalone you wish was a series?
- Coffee or tea?
- What are you currently doing?
- What is the hardest in your opinion about blogging?
- Which two or more authors would you like to see collaborate on a book?
- How is the weather where live right now?
- What is your perfect reading environment?
Thanks for reading 😀